Knowledge is power.


Did you know that you can can be compensated for injuries sustained in an automobile accident even if it was your fault? In many instances, you can be compensated even if you don't have any automobile insurance. Michigan's No-Fault Act provides several benefits to people injured in car accidents regardless of fault.

Medical bills - covers treatment to medical care for to your accident-related injuries. There is no limit to the amount of money that can be paid for this benefit.

Attendant care - money for someone (even a family member or friend) who provides personal care for you as a result of your accident-related injuries.

Household services - money for someone (even a family member or friend) who does the chores you did but cannot do any longer as a result of your accident-related injuries. Limited at $20 per day for 3 years from the date of your accident.

Medical mileage - pay a transportation company (or a family member or friend) to take you to and from medical appointments or receive reimbursement directly if you drive yourself. There is no limit to the amount of money that can be paid for this benefit.

Wage loss - collect up to 85% of your wages from a job which your accident-related injuries prevent you from working. There is a limit to this benefit which is governed by statute and changes on a yearly basis. You can collect this benefit for up to 3 years from the date of your accident.

In addition to no-fault benefits outlined above, if someone else's negligence caused your auto-accident-related injuries, the State of Michigan requires individuals to carry at least $20,000 in coverage to compensate you for your pain and suffering. 

Employment Law

Being treated appropriately by your employer is not only morally important - it's your right. Michigan provides protection to employees through numerous statutes including the Elliott Larsen Civil Rights Act (ELCRA) and Persons With Disabilities Civil Rights Act (PWDCRA). If you've been discriminated against because of your age, race, gender, marital status, or other protected classes, you can sue to recover lost wages and compensation for your pain & suffering or other emotional damages. Even if you've quit your job as a result of the discrimination you may still have the right to collect the money you deserve.

Criminal Law

Innocent until proven guilty! When you meet with us, we will treat you with respect and as an innocent person which is what the Constitution requires. Criminal law is a vast area of law and, in addition to being controlled by law, is highly case-specific. However, there is one piece of advice we give to all of our criminal clients: we encourage our clients to be respectful but don't talk to police unless you have consulted a lawyer. Many times the strongest evidence presented by prosecutors is the accused's own words.

Premises Liability

Generally speaking, property owners have a duty to keep their premises reasonably safe for the general public. Failure to do so can result in a cause of action. These types of cases are sometimes difficult to win - but we have a lot of experience in the field. Some examples of these types of cases include slip and falls, disguised holes, or poorly maintained walkways or doorways. If you've been injured because a land owner failed to properly take care of their property you may be able to recover the cost of your medical treatment, lost wages, and be compensated for your pain and suffering.

Family Law

We understand the immense importance of family law cases. These matters can control parenting time, spousal support, and division of marital property. Often times, the stakes in family law cases involve the very central aspects of people's lives. Family law is a large and generally case-specific area of law; however, we've included a brief overview of considerations and relevant law.

Child Custody - Generally speaking, child custody is determined using a standard which assesses the best interests of the child or children. This analysis is used unless one parent/guardian is deemed to be "unfit."

Property Division - In the event of divorce, only marital property (acquired during the course of the marriage) will be considered for property division. This includes the home, bank accounts, 401Ks, investments, and even businesses. It is important to know that equitable does not always mean equal. The court may consider such factors as "substantial contribution to the accumulation of the property, the market and emotional value of the assets, tax and other economic consequences of the distribution, the parties' needs, and any other factor relevant to an equitable outcome." Fairness is the main factor the Court looks to when making a ruling regarding property divison.

Spousal Support - Also known as alimony or maintenance, spousal support refers to the legal responsibility of one person to support their spouse after legal separation or divorce. The party in need of spousal support can also petition the court for spousal support during the pendency of the litigation. Spousal support is not guaranteed and it determined based on testimony of both parties, unless the parties can come to an agreement.

Grand-parent Time - Grandparent time is also determined based upon the best interest of the child or children. Courts allow grandparents to bring an action for visitation, but courts must presume that a “fit” parent’s decision to deny visitation does not create a substantial risk of harm to the child’s health. To gain visitation, grandparents must overcome this presumption and show that the visitation is in the best interests of the grandchild.

Medical Malpractice



If you or a loved one has received medical care which has caused harm you may have a cause of action against the doctor, facility, or others. Medical malpractice means that a medical professional has violated the applicable standard of care which caused you harm. In simpler terms, the doctor or healthcare professional didn't do what they were supposed to. With the passage of so-called "tort reform" in the 90's, this cause of action has become extremely complicated and governed by law. In most cases, you only have 2 years from the date of the malpractice to file your claim; however, there are numerous exceptions to this general rule. If you feel that you may have a medical malpractice case it is important that you seek legal counsel immediately so that all of your rights are protected.

Other Matters

We have experience in other areas of law including gaming law, business disputes, probate litigation, slander, and others. Contact us to set up a no-cost consultation.